Belinda Seeff-Gabriel has a PhD in developmental speech disorders, and 22 years of concurrent academic and clinical experience. She is passionate about raising the quality of clinical practice in the profession and has a wealth of theoretical knowledge and practical insights to share. She prides herself on decades of inspiring students and professionals alike, and has always received very enthusiastic feedback from those she has ‘taught’.
Who would benefit from mentoring/training by Belinda?
- Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) who would like to become more specialised in their practice
- SLTs who have not worked for a period and are feeling a little ‘rusty’ or less confident than they would like to be
- Young SLTs who have qualified more recently and would like meaningful intensive supervision
- Teachers, SENCOs and Learning Support Assistants who want to increase their knowledge base and learn new strategies when working with children who may have speech, language or communication difficulties
How does it work?
For Speech and Language Therapists
- You may have your own clients, or in some instances they may be referred by KID SPEECH LONDON.
- Regular meetings would be set up – face-to-face or on skype – to discuss the clients you are seeing, specific topics of your choice, or your general career options and action plans.
- Observations may also be arranged.
- Your assessments, recommendations and reports will be reviewed.
For SENCOs, Teachers and Learning Support Assistants
- You or your school may arrange a bespoke training on various topics that are relevant for you and the children in your school. These are interactive sessions in which candidates come away with practical strategies and interventions to use with pupils who need additional support in their schools.